Monday, March 26, 2012

Creating New Worlds

Not being bound by the rules and regulations of this world is one of the most appealing things to me about writing.  After I have sat with person after person in my counseling sessions and listened to the limitations and frustrations that have been placed on them in their lives, it is nice to think and dream about a place in which we could break free from all that holds us back.  The possibility of being able to break through the junk that holds us down in this world...it's hope.  Hope of a future, hope of a difference that can be made, hope of a better place.  There's something about reading and writing that breeds the imagination to work towards new possibilities like nothing else.  My kids and I were walking out of the book store the other day, and I was able to snap this picture of my youngest as we were walking out.  I have to admit, my first thought was to tell her to hurry up and get in the car, but I held my tongue because I was struck by how she was being drawn in by the story and the possibilities of what could be inside those pages.  It is so easy to forget the possibilities of building hopes and dreams when you allow yourself to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of all the daily activities of this world.  Stop, take a breath, read, dream, and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment